Payment policy for ICON the Cookery School (ICON)
Payment is to be paid in full to secure a seat in one of our cooking classes. Once you have paid in full, you will be booked for your chosen class. All prices include GST once date and time is selected before checkout.
Please note all purchases made through the website to ICON are non-refundable and non-transferable to another class date unless previously discussed with ICON.
ICON accepts payments through their website using all major credit cards which can be used online via our website using Secure Pay for added security. We also accept cash and direct deposits when booking through our office.
- Pre-purchased gift vouchers are also regarded as payment. To book a class with a pre-paid gift certificate you can book online using your voucher number for payment
- As of 1st Nov 2019 Gift Vouchers are valid for 3 years from date of purchase. Vouchers purchased prior to 1st November 2019 are valid for 6 months from date of purchase
- Gift Vouchers must be used by the expiry date and will not be extended.
- Gift Vouchers are non-refundable.
- For all bookings made with a Gift Certificate, you must present the certificate at class sign-in.
When your booking is complete and processed successfully you receive an automated email. This is your booking confirmation. Should there be any problem with your payment we will email you within in 48 hours.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
ICON reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class for reasons concerning ICON. If a class has been cancelled due to low attendance, sickness or any other matter regarding ICON, all participants will be notified within 48 hours of the class commencement date, and the option to reschedule to another date, or full refunds provided.
In the event a participant needs to cancel a booked class, cancellation more than 7 days prior to the date of the class, the option to reschedule to another class is available (subject to availability within that class). A cancellation of a class within 7 days of the scheduled class, the full amount of the class will be forfeited and no option to reschedule will be available. The class is transferrable to another person and cancelling participants can send someone to take their place.
Please note: Minimum total of 3 bookings needed for commencement of any class. If cancelled we will contact you to re-book or refund.
Attending a Class
To ensure that our class runs smoothly, please treat the booking as you would any other ticketed event and turn up on time for the beginning of the class. We kindly ask that you arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your class as we will be preparing for your class until this time.
If you cannot make it for any reason, please let us know as soon as you can. We spend time preparing for each class and purchasing fresh food to ensure we provide you with the best possible ingredients and experience for yourself and fellow participants.
Our address is: 1st floor, Shop 5036, The Kitchens, Robina Town Centre. Entry via stairs or lift.
Parking: Best Robina Centre Parking is Coles or Woolworths Brown or Purple parking areas.
What to bring: Nothing! We supply all your ingredients, aprons & recipes. However, as a matter of Health and Safety we require that all participants wear closed, non-slip, shoes. Preferably leather!
Individuals wearing thongs, open-toed shoes, sandals and high heels will not be allowed to participate in a class.
General Terms and conditions when attending ICON
- RIGHT TO REFUSE: ICON holds the right to refuse a participant to attend a class if the instructor feels they are intoxicated or may cause harm to themselves or anyone else attending the scheduled class.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: When participating in the ICON class/dinner/event, where by the participant will be around or using sharp and potentially dangerous tools suitable to a kitchen environment, the participant releases, indemnifies and excludes Icon the Cookery School and its employees from any and all liability of any kind for any damage or injury incurred while attending or visiting ICON. The participant understands these terms and conditions and accepts the inherent risks of a kitchen environment when they make a full payment for a scheduled class/dinner/event.
- Unless the class is specified as a children’s class, unaccompanied class attendees must be 16 years of age or older.
- Photographs may be taken during the classes and used for marketing or promotional purposes. Photos of children will only be used by us with the consent of a parent or guardian. If you do not want us to use photos of you, please let us know.
- In classes where it is specified that ‘matched wine/beer is included’, there is strict allowance of two glasses of wine or beer per participant included in your booking. This alcohol is only to be consumed as part of the sit-down meal at the conclusion of cooking. (proof of age may be required).
- START TIME: Classes run by ICON will start on time. We advise participants to arrive 10 minutes early to minimise the chance of missing any of their lesson time. If a participant is late for a class, it is their responsibility to catch up with the rest of the class and minimise disruption, as ICON instructors will not have the time to interrupt the class and begin again for any late participant.
- ICON the Cookery School does not cater for individual dietary requirements beyond what is denoted on the class schedule. If you have questions regarding dietary suitability of certain classes please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The School is unable to provide alternatives or substitute ingredients for participants with special dietary needs.
- DAMAGE/LOSS OF PERSONAL PROPERTY: ICON will take all necessary care, but accepts no responsibility for the damage to or loss of merchandise left in the venue prior to, during or after a class/event/function. ICON is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal items in any form. If a participant does happen to leave an item in class, the participant has 14 days to retrieve the item otherwise ICON will donate it to charity.
- DAMAGE/LOSS OF ICON PROPERTY: The participant or function organiser may be held financially responsible for any damage to or loss of ICON property during the class/event/function. The cost of repairing any damage to walls, doors or other parts of the property as a result of inappropriate conduct will be charged to the person or hiring company involved.
- CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF ICON: Should ICON be unable to provide for your class or function due to circumstances beyond the control of ICON, ICON is not responsible for any costs, damages or expenses that you may suffer or incur.
- WEBSITE: This website is owned and operated by ICON the Cookery School. The use of this website is subject to our terms and conditions.
- Icon Cookery School is wheelchair accessible. Customers requiring wheelchair access should notify ICON in the special requests section when booking. To avoid injury, customers in wheelchairs may experience greater demonstration elements to their workshop.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Icon Cookery School reserves the right to take photos and videos of the classes being run and using footage and photos to market future products. Please notify class organisers if you wish your images not to be recorded or used for marketing purposes